Friday, September 5, 2008

Goodbye swings hello debt.

At what grade does going back to school shopping stop being fun and start being emotionally and financially stressful? The past few weeks customers have been coming in and buying outfits and lunch boxes, backpacks, etc. for their children. I remember how excited I use to get when I got to go shopping with my dad to pick out clothes for the new school year. I would always try on the outfits to show the rest of my family and spend too much time trying to pick out just the right outfit for the first day.

After being out of school for many years I just went back. My first week of grad school at Columbia is over and I can tell you it wasn't filled with tough outfit decisions. Instead of picking out the right shoes to go with my leggings I got to stand in line paying a ridiculous amount of money for course books that I will probably never even open (I'm not the most disciplined student). I long for the days when my only worries were which color trapper keeper to get and I had no idea what a student loan, tuition, bills and credit card debt were.

1 comment:

ANG said...

Yeah I hear ya girly...I used to Love LOVE picking out a new outfit to wear for the first day of school and my only worries were what to wear the next day and perhaps who to hang out with after school. And as for the ridiculously expensive textbooks that you will only ptob. read 4 chapters of, thats just a waste of $$!! Aye school is tough.