Saturday, June 28, 2008

When you're leeeaving on a jet plane.

So last night I happened to overhear a conversation about kids on airplanes. I was shocked when a friend of mine casually mentioned that his parents used to give him and his brother very small doses of prescription painkillers to knock them out for the duration of the flight. Now, having been seated next to a few screaming kids while attempting to choke down a shrink wrapped hamburger and watch Everybody Loves Raymond I can understand the desire for tantrum-free travel, but Vicodin seems a bit excessive.
Might I suggest a compromise: Mudpuppy Magnetic Figures and Sticker Set Play Scenes. Similar to the paper dolls and sticker books of yore, these sets come in their own storage--a plus for traveling-- are reusable, brilliantly-illustrated, and encourage imaginative play, something Everybody Loves Raymond just might not. The Play Scenes are lightweight, with a handle for maximum portability and even come in an At the Airport version.


Moral of the story: It's this or drugs. Kidding of course, but these are pretty cool.