Thursday, July 17, 2008

Back to Basics


**My new Minolta X-700**

I have to take an Intro to Photography class for my last month in school. One of the requirements for the class was a manual camera, a MANUAL CAMERA!!! Astonishingly enough, they still exist, and I decided to buy a used one instead of renting, or borrowing a friends. Why? Why the heck not! I haven't used a manual camera in at least 4 years. Luckily Area pays me enough to be able to afford a used camera, and once I got it, I couldn't put it down. I did have some difficulties with it at first. I didn't set the film speed correctly resulting in what I believe is underexposure...I kept forgetting to pull the lever to go to the next frame of film, so I would see something and attempt to take a picture, but I couldn't.

Holding this manual camera in my hand just makes me think that people have become too lazy to pull levers, and think about the different settings. I think it is something worthwhile although i myself have been a slave to the digital age myself. NO LONGER! NO LONGER I SAY!!!!

I think I might just switch over to manual for a little bit, maybe even whip out the old walkman!!!

Here are a few facts about my sexy new Minolta:
1.The x-700 made its debut in 1981
2.It was awarded camera of the year in 1981
3.It was discontinued in 1999 to make way for autofocus, and digital cameras

Blog Y'all Later!

No comments: